Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Baby Bib Tutorial (My First Tutorial)

Hey! My sister Leslie is expecting a baby boy on May 1. I have been trying to think of things to make him that will be from his Aunt Brittany. Leslie's husband is a big fan of Georgia University football. Not too many people from Georgia aren't. So of course to support their team I made a Georgia bib, just perfect for little Daniel. I would like to share how I made it.


First of all, I would like to give credit to McCall's, which is where I got the pattern from. The number on the pattern is M5604. You could also trace a bib that your child has outgrown to kind of give you an idea of what size you are looking for.

Here are the supplies that you will need:
-sewing machine
-fabric of your choice
-batting
-thread
-scissors
-sew on velcro fasteners

First I cut out my material and batting.








Next, I put the right sides of my fabric together and layered my batting next. I did this so that when you turn you bib, your fabric will be on the outside and your batting will be on the inside. Note: Do not forget to leave an opening for turning. Once you stitch this togeth,then turn you bib. Next slip stitch your bib. Then stitch your Velcro on for fastening the bib. That is all. Now you have made a meaningful gift for a special bundle straight from heaven.

1 comment:

  1. Wesley will so love this! I can't wait for Daniel to wear it!

    ReplyDelete